Tuesday, May 13, 2008

All Grown Up

You are looking at a picture of me and all of my siblings together in one place and all smiling! :-) It was taken on Monday night at Kobe Steaks when we celebrated Jon and Blair's marriage. We had a really nice dinner with both parents present and siblings. What a special time of being together! Thank you, Lindsay, for taking care of Grant and Kate!

When I look at this picture I think of how much we have all grown up! I know that might sound silly but looking at this picture makes me think, "Wow." I think the last time we had a casual picture taken like this with just the 6 of us was on our last family vacation in Spring of 1999. I say last meaning everyone still lived at home and no one was married yet. None of us had started our own families. So now almost 10 years later...3 of us are married, 2 in college, and the two youngin's at home. Oh, how could I forget: Grant and Kate are in the picture now, too!

I'm so thankful that we all get along, love and care about one another, and live close. From left to right: David, Jonathan, Jennifer, me, Christina, and Daniel.

Over this next year when Jon is gone and David leaves in July for school with the army, it won't be the same. It will be weird, actually. To David & Jon: We will miss both of you guys!!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

ah its so true :/

i love that picture though, its great, that was a fun night :D i love you! have a great day!

steele family said...

What a great picture!