Tuesday, March 24, 2009

Breakfast Date with Kate!

A couple weeks ago Kate and I had breakfast at Family Cafe in Rowlett. Kate is with me a lot but we don't ever do anything "special", just the two of us. Mostly it's running to Walmart, cleaning house, going to the gym, playing at home, and so this time was different. She loves breakfast foods like me, and I was inspired by my friend Mikaela that my kids are not too young to start one on one dates. For awhile I have looked forward to when my kids get older and I can do stuff like this with them but after reading her blog entry one day I realized I can start now! Joel and I want to start taking one of the kids out just by themselves, even if it's just to the park, but something to get in some extra time with them to love on them and make them feel special. So thanks, Mikaela, for sharing about yours with your kiddos!

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Kate's hair looks especially curly to me in these pictures. Is it just me?

I am glad that you had fun on your date!

Mikaela said...

So glad you are taking special time with your kiddos too. You're a great mommy!