Wednesday, March 12, 2008

Go, Grant!

The weather has been so nice lately that Grant has been able to ride his "bike" almost everyday. He totally loves it, and he gets so excited when we mention the word bike. After I finished teaching this evening I asked Joel if he wanted to go on a bike ride. (Now that it is getting dark later and we have a nice bike trailer we can all go on a bike ride together! :-) ) Grant heard me ask Joel and he, Grant, was laughing all the way to the front door to ride his bike. He thought I was talking about his tricycle! I said, "No, not your bike. Daddy's bike!" He was just as excited and laughed all the way to the garage and hopped in the bike trailer as soon as he could. So we all went on a nice bike ride enjoying the pleasant weather.

I am happy to report that Grant is now pedaling his own weight and actually moving along all by himself! He is starting to get the steering down and even turns towards the right direction when needing to turn around. He still needs an occasional push but for the most part he is getting the hang of it. It won't be long until we can take the adult handle bars off. Yeah!

Go, Grant, go!!! I am soooo proud of you!

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

xMelody, this post made me cry. Keep up the good work mamma!
Good job, Grant!

Anonymous said...

oops, I didn't mean to put an x in front of your name.

steele family said...

that is so great! hopefully we will have a lot of nice weather for bike riding soon!

Curdie said...

Hi Melody!!

I'm so glad he's enjoying his bike and getting better all the time. :)