Wednesday, May 20, 2009

Kate's Speech Eval

This morning Kate was tested to see if she will qualify for speech therapy through public school once she turns three. Right now she is in the speech program through public school for children 0-3 years old. Once she turns 3 she will age out and will go to the elementary school of our choice to receive speech therapy. She doesn't qualify like Grant did for the preschool program but based on articulation she will qualify. She will be considered an "in building" kid which means I will take her up to school 1 or 2 times a week for 30 minutes. The exact times and days will be determined by the speech therapist at the school.

She did really good today during her testing. I am always anxious when it comes to any kind of testing because I never know how my kids will be and if they will show their true self. Kate did for the most part and toward the end was getting a little too comfortable as she threw herself on the floor pouting because she didn't want to do what the kind lady was asking her to do. Such a hard life being a 2 year old! Within a few days I'll get the full report.

Her speech is coming along but most of her words she doesn't say the ending sound. Book sounds like boo, and bus sounds like bu for example. She is starting to put two words together like "Pray me" or "Me pray" at the dinner table and "Grant no" and "Me bye-bye". I have to be careful what I say because sometimes when I tell Grant to stop acting like a brat, she will point to him and say "brat" but without the /t/ at the end! This morning in the car she was counting the school buses that she saw and was saying "two five two two five two" It was really cute. I guess she hasn't quiet gotten the hang of 1, 3, or 4, but we're working on that!

No comments: