Tuesday, May 12, 2009

Two New Words!

Every now and then when I'm talking with friends and their kids are close by I sometimes catch myself saying a word that I probably wouldn't want them to repeat. Not like cussing but rather words like crap or stupid or butt. One thing about having speech delayed kids is you don't have this problem of them repeating bad words! Not that Joel and I are in the habbit of using bad words but there are times we might use the word stupid or dumb and don't even think about Grant or Kate repeating it.

Last night all four of us were out and as we were driving Joel and I were talking. Joel was telling me about what he thinks when he sees people pushing a Wal-mart cart down the road close to our house in between our house and Wal-Mart. He said, "It's so W T (white trash)." And from the back I hear Kate giggling and saying "de uh T". I turned around and looked at her. She thought "W T" was apparently really funny and was trying to say it. A few minutes later I said "Duh" (don't worry, it was a nice 'duh' and it will take me too long to go into the story) and right away Grant said "Duh". It was so funny. So two new words that my kids are saying: "W T" and "Duh".

Still makes me laugh when I think about it!

No comments: