Sunday, October 25, 2009

After 9 months of doing NACD....

.....this is what we get from Grant: (in the most whiniest little kid voice ever, btw)

"Idonwannawork"

"buIdonwanto"

"Idonwannagotobed"

He just started saying these phrases over the last couple of weeks and today he said, - for the 1st time ever - "butidonwannagotobed." I just looked at him shaking my head and chuckling. I really am just shocked sometimes at what comes out of his mouth. Yesterday when Joel and I were working with him, he said to us, "butIdonwantowork" and we just looked at each other and said, "Did he really just say that???"
These sentences are called "chunks" which means several words said as one word, not as separate, or individual words. But I am thinking we are not going to work on "de-chunking" these sentences! 8-)
He's going to have to be a little more creative if he thinks saying these things to us is going to get him out of working with me or out of going to bed!

Grant, you are a silly boy and I love you so much!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

I thought I heard him say, "Idonwannago" tonight. I tried to get him to say it again, but he just smiled. It was exciting!