Sunday, December 6, 2009

Thanksgiving!

Thanksgiving this year was a bit nontraditional for us: we went camping! Since Joel and I have been together we have not been gone one time during a holiday. With both of our families here in town it makes it easy to stay home. So it was a little different being gone over Thanksgiving. The last time we went camping was over 3 years ago and Kate was barely 3 months old. (I know, what was I thinking?!?)
The best part about camping this time was to see Grant and Kate enjoy camping. They loved playing in the tent and being outside all day. We got flashlights for them before we left and they loved playing with those, too. They still play with them everyday and Kate's sleeping bag is still in her room next to her bed. I'm not sure if it will ever make it back to the garage! I guess you could say that she is somewhat possessive over her "stuff"!
Grant rode his bike the whole time when he was not eating or sleeping. Kate rode her bike some, too, but also played on the swings and ran around chasing the ducks.
We went with a couple of our family friends from church and also Daniel and Christina, my brother and sister. We've been camping with my brother and sister before and it's always fun when they go with us. I didn't take very many pictures, though, so this is mostly all of them:

Kate and Jack

Within minutes of getting our tent set up, Kate was inside getting all of her "stuff" just how she wanted it. She played in the tent for over an hour just having fun with everything you see in the picture. I only brought a few toys but she just loved being inside the tent.




"tent time" before bed on the 2nd night

Christina and I bundled up around the campfire, trying to stay warm!

It's not everyday that one gets to go camping with her piano student! ;-)

No comments: