Wednesday, June 9, 2010

I'm Back!

Wow. Somewhere along the lines I dropped off of blogger planet! Here's what has been happening in our lives since the last post:
- Kate got potty trained.
- Grant, too - Praise the Lord!
- fixed up our house to sell it
- filled an 10x20 storage unit with stuff from our house
- our washer machine flood over half of the house
- put the house on the market, after fully recovering from the flood
- got a contract in two days!
- found a new house
- Kate had another seizure
- we moved!
- celebrated 9 years of marriage!
- I finished up the year working at our church's Mother's Day Out
- Kate finished her 1st year at Mother's Day Out
- Kate had another seizure
- Grant finished 3 1/2 years of preschool at Public School and we said goodbye to his beloved teacher of 3 1/2 years...rough day!
- June 7 began the 1st official day of summer and of me back to working with Grant every day all day
- and more!

It's been non-stop the past few months and I'm ready for life to slow down quite a bit. Having both kids home over the summer will definitely help with that, I know. The days seem much, much longer and I know we will have to be creative in coming up with ways to help me get through it! I'm working with Grant and Kate doing our home based therapy program and it feels great to be 'back in the swing' of things with program. It was really hard to get anything done with Grant with everything else going on, and pretty much since December I have hardly worked with him at all, I'm sad to say. However, we did accomplish potty training with Grant - which is HUGE - and we worked on behavior quite a bit. I am really encouraged so far: this is Day 3 of working with them and more than one time today, both kids asked to "work!" How can I say no to that!

Last summer I mostly concentrated on working just with Grant. Kate could do most of the activities but I didn't make her. Most of the time she was happy to play by herself and have her own time. This summer I can tell is going to be quite different - and for the better! Kate loves working with me with Grant and just by herself with me. It is awesome! I am so encouraged by her eagerness to learn and to work hard. Her speech is behind quite a bit - not severe like Grant but still behind - and so I am working with her right along with Grant.

Hopefully, I will start blogging more regularly and get some pictures up soon! Happy Summer!

No comments: