Wednesday, October 22, 2008

Yeah for Kate (& Mommy, too!)

Kate is totally going potty in the potty chair! She has been doing so good at home that I felt she was ready to try going out without a diaper. So this morning we went to the gym and she wore her training pants. I'm so proud to say that she stayed dry the whole time we were gone: to the gym, there for almost an hour, then to school to pick up Grant, then home. When we came home I checked and she had dry pants! I thought I would put her on right away but I went with my 2nd thought which was to let her tell me when she needed to go. So far she is very good at telling us that. She didn't tell me during lunch so afterwards before her nap I sat her down and she went right away. She always gets a certain smile on her face when she starts to go and you can tell she is so proud of herself. She is cute.

Yesterday and today she is taking a nap with her training pants on and so far she is staying dry during her nap, too.

I wish so very badly that I could give the same report on Grant but we are not quite there yet with him. We are working with him, too, but so far he's only gone a few times. He likes the idea of it but is very distracted by everything around him....working on that.

I know it's little early for Christmas but if I had to make a list right now it would just be one thing: Grant and Kate out of diapers!!!

No comments: