Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Morning with Kate

Last Thursday was Grant's last day of school for the year and was filled up with speech therapy for Kate and then hanging out with Grant until school was over at 11:00. So with Thursday being a busy morning, I reserved Wednesday for a fun morning with Kate.

We started out with breakfast close to where we live. I love eating breakfast food any time of day and Kate does, too. I asked Kate where else she wanted to go and she said Target. We don't go there too often so I was little unsure of why she wanted to go there but every time we talked about "our morning" she told me she wanted to go to Target. So later I asked her what she wanted to do at Target and she said "Play." I said, "You can't play at Target. You buy stuff. What do you want to buy?" And she said, "Socks!" Ohhh, now I understood. Every now and then I'll pick up a pair or two of socks from the dollar spot and she loves them! So first thing when we got to Target, she said "Socks" seriously, like we had to find and look for them right now, not in a demanding way but in a reminding me way. I laughed, she was so funny! We picked out a couple patriotic pairs and found a few other things. She was thrilled and held onto them until we got home, 3 hours later! Here we are at breakfast:
Leaving Target with our fun purchases!
In the car still holding onto those socks!

This summer we will have to try harder to have 'Mommy and Me' time with Grant being home all day but we like having Grant home, too. Summer has begun and so far it is going good! I'm sure we will have a few rough days here and there but anticipating those really helps a lot. My goal this summer is to: 1. Work with Grant everyday with NACD program, 2. get back on track with diet and exercise and 3. hang out with friends!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

We need to dot he once a week date thing (for sure!) Maybe on Friday I could watch one of yours and you could go out. What do you say?