Thursday, June 25, 2009

Happy Birthday, Christina!!!

It's hard to believe but my sweet sister Christina turns 18 today! I was 12 years old when she was born and I still remember the night she was born clear as day (or night since it was 4 in the morning). I remember my mom getting ready to go to the hospital in the evening and my sister, Jennifer, and I could hardly believe it. We were so excited. So we stayed up late watching Phantom of the Opera, the old black and white version! By the time it was over, no baby, and we were so tired so we went to bed. Probably that was a good choice since she wasn't born until way into the night.

One of the neat things about having Kate is how she reminds me of Christina sometimes. I remember Christina being a cute girl, sweet, and curious. When Kate gets into my make up and nail polish, I tell her, "You are just like your Aunt Nina!" :-) And at times when she is just so stinkin' cute I think the same thing!

Christina, you are a beautiful girl inside and out! I love how you love Grant and Kate. You are so good with them, and especially kind and loving towards Grant, which I know at times doesn't come easy. I am so excited for your future and all of the wonderful blessings God has in store for you! Christina, I love you so much and am so thankful that God brought you into my life!!!

3 comments:

ann clary said...

Happy Birthday Christina!!! Wow, the big 18! How can that be?!?! I remember when you were just a little 8 yr. old girl. Where did the time go???
Welcome to adulthood. Have a very happy day and eat lots of chocolate for me!

steele family said...

aw, so sweet! happy birthday, christina :)

Christina said...

Aww, thank you so much Melody! You don't know how much I have been blessed to have you as one of my amazing sisters! And a lot of you I am as come from watching and learning from the best ;) I love you so much and thank you for the wonderful birthday wishes!

I love you sooooooooooooo much!!!

XOXOXOXO