Friday, June 27, 2008

My First Bow-quet!

Last night we had a baby shower for some friends from our CG (community group). I was thinking I needed to go to Target and buy a baby gift since that's where they are registered and then it dawned on me: Why do I need to buy something when I can make bows? :-) A few months ago I saw a picture of a bow-quet and couldn't wait until I had a good excuse to make one! Here is how is turned out:

There are 5 infant/toddler bows in basic colors, 2 ruffle bows, 2 flower clippies, 3 polka dot clippies, a pink camo bow, and later I added a big pink flower clip.
I got the pail at Hobby Lobby and painted her name and a few flowers. That was fun.


Cori, I can't wait to meet baby Emerson! We're praying for a safe and healthy delivery. Hang in there these last few weeks!

3 comments:

steele family said...

Melody, your bow-quet was so stinking cute! If we have another girl consider my order placed! You are so talented :)

Mikaela said...

I love that idea! You did a wonderful job Melody!

mrs. rains & family said...

melody! that is SO stinkin' cute! can i commission you to make one for a friend of mine? i'll pay!!! :-) it's so unique! p.s.... emma kate might need some more bows... :-) we need to get together and maybe you can teach me how to make them!

love to everyone!