Sunday, July 19, 2009

Fun with Aunt Jenni!

A couple weeks ago my sister Jen watched Kate for the day so I could have some one on one time with Grant to get lots of program done with him. It was so nice of her to love on Kate for the day and for Kate to get some extra attention. As much as she loves Grant, it is also really good for her to have a little break from him, too. Grant and I got lots of work done at home and enjoyed a nice lunch date together at Chick-fil-A.
Kate had so much fun with Aunt Jenni and they came home with lots of goodies from Kate's favorite store, Target! We had church that night and when we came home she was showing us all of her stuff. By this time it was going on 9:30 at night and Kate just wanted to keep playing. I told her that it was time to go to bed and all I got was "No." We made a special place for her new coloring books on her shelf and put all of her shoes in her room and the rest of her stuff when in her new favorite bag - the bag that Aunt Jenni gave her birthday presents in. She carries that bag everywhere and it travels all around the house! Somehow she felt better about going to bed with all of her stuff in her room. Silly girl!
Very seriously showing me her "mimmie" book:
The next morning this is what I woke up to:
Kate had moved all of her "stuff" from her room out to the living room and was happily coloring in one of her new coloring books. Her new shoes were lined up on the table, and the rest of her stuff was in front of the coffee table next to her pillow, snuggly, and stuffed dogs that she sleeps with. She made me laugh and I couldn't help but grab the camera. :-)
Thanks, Jen, for lovin' on my girl and for giving me a great day with Grant!

2 comments:

Aunt Jenni said...

Kate is SO much fun! She is the sweetest, most adorable little girl ever!!! I supposed I am slightly prejudiced, but I love spending time with her!!! She is a such a sweetie! The fact that we both have the same curly hair and love shoes/shopping makes it so much fun being an Aunt! :)

Melissa said...

I love that last picture of Kate! What a great smile!