Sunday, July 19, 2009

Kid's Kingdom!

A few weeks ago my friend Sharee called and asked if we wanted to meet up at the park. I don't like going to this park by myself with just the kids because Grant is prone to random wandering at parks like this one but Kate will stay close by. So it's me constantly having to be looking for Grant to see where he went and then go chase after him. My brother Daniel was helping me out for a few days (Thank you Daniel!!!) and so we finished up program for the morning and loaded up. We were only there for about 45 minutes but I was pleasantly surprised by Grant. For the first 20-25 minutes or so he was within about 10-15 feet...and playing so nicely with Kate. I kept looking around for him to see which way he went and when I found him he was right in front of my nose! Sharee and I were actually able to have several conversations and it was really nice! It wasn't until after we were there for awhile that he thought to venture around the rest of the park and then found the swings. Again, I was really proud of him on the swings as he was trying to pump while I was coaching him. I said, "Keep your legs together!" and he did. He was starting to get the hang of it. Between him staying close, playing appropriately with Kate, and trying to pump himself on the swing, I was really encouraged! These are things that I know he could not / would not do prior to starting NACD.

can you see grant??

1 comment:

Jen said...

How sweet that Daniel was on the tire swing with Grant & Kate! He is such a sweet brother!