Sunday, July 6, 2008

Blueberry Picking!

The past several years a couple of my students, Bryn and Hope, have brought me fresh blueberries that they have picked around this time of year. It's always been such a treat. So this year I really wanted to go. I went on Friday morning with a few friends and we had a blast! It was hot and a little dirty but we all decided this was our first annual trip to Blueberry Hill Farms. I can't wait to go back next year!

When we were about to leave the farm, we saw my neighbors (4 blocks up), Katie and Becca, who also are friends from church! What a small world...to be an 1 1/2 hours from Dallas and run into friends from my own neighborhood! 8-)

I brought my camera but unfortunately I left the batteries on the charger and so I couldn't take any pictures. I was so bummed! So the past few days we've been enjoying fresh blueberries. Grant and Kate love them, too. I made blueberry banana muffins on Saturday with Grant's help. He loves to help me make anything in the kitchen. I love that about him! So here are a few pictures of the kids enjoying their yummy muffins:



About 30 minutes after we were done eating I found Kate like this: sitting in her chair, which was in the living room, eating a muffin with her beloved dog while watching a movie. She is a cutie-pie!

No comments: