Sunday, July 6, 2008

Fireworks!

After swimming we went to Breckenridge Park to see fireworks. The kids ate an early dinner so we packed some fresh fruit and a few sandwiches for Joel and I. We had a great spot outside the park on a hilly area with soft grass. The kids were able to run around some, too. Since becoming parents, I think Joel and I have seen live fireworks once, which was when Grant was 1 1/2 years old. The other years we have seen them on tv. So this year we really wanted to go for it and make it work. I gotta say, the kids did great, they loved the fireworks, and Joel and I keep telling each other that we will have to do this again next year! We were tired the next day but nothing a good nap couldn't cure!


Eating strawberries, blueberries, and green grapes. It was red, "white", and blue fruit. :-)


Watching fireworks! Kate kept pointing and tried to say "pretty". They loved the fireworks but got a little bored halfway through. But they were still pretty good. We brought their pj's and their pillows so they could lay back and be comfy. I had so much fun and am so thankful it turned out so well!

No comments: