Sunday, July 20, 2008

Grant's New Do

I finally gave Grant a much needed haircut on Thursday. Usually he screams through it, like panic/"I'm being tortured" scream and I'm screaming at him to knock it off. He freaks out and absolutely hates it when I cut his hair. I've taken him to Cool Cuts a few times, which he does really well there, but I'm too cheap to take him there all the time. So for whatever reason I was feeling rather brave and confident and chopped away.

I am so proud to say that Grant did amazingly and very surprisingly well! He did not scream or cry and only one time did I have to get the spoon out telling him he needed to sit still in his chair or that he would get a spanking. Soon enough I was done and he was a happy boy and sweet boy signing "thank you" to me for cutting his hair! Kate was up from her nap by the time we were done and then both of them took a bath. After he was dressed I said to Grant, "Hey, let's take a picture of your cool hair cut!" And he nodded "yes" and climbed up in his chair. He's very proud of his nice hair cut and Kate was being her cute self peeking from behind as you can see in the picture.

Thank you, Lord, for a nice hair cutting experience with Grant. I really needed it! It was a blessing only from you!

1 comment:

steele family said...

Great job, Melody! Emma asked me why Kate was hiding. I told her because she is cute!