Tuesday, January 13, 2009

Christmas Morning

I know January is almost half over but here are some pics from Christmas morning. For the 2nd year now, we spent Christmas morning with just the four of us. It was very relaxing and rather slow. Both of the kids are at the age where they like to play with everything as they open it.
Kate got a cozy coupe car!

And Grant got a new bike!
Eating yummy Christmas breakfast made in the crockpot all night long, thanks to one of my fav. blogs here.

Grant, trying out his new bike and Kate enjoying the ride.

For some reason Christmas felt different this year. This is the 2nd year in a row that we have specifically done our own family thing and it feels good. Christmas was always a special time growing up and honestly, it hasn't been the same since being married. But I think this year was a year of closure and a year of new traditions. I guess you could say that I feel 'grown up'. You wouldn't think it would take this long but... :-) The kids really had fun with their presents and it was great being able to kick back and have fun with them. I think a lot of the reason for Christmas being different this year is that both kids were a lot more into Christmas. We talked a lot about baby Jesus and Mary and Joseph. On Sundays driving home from church I would ask him what the story was about and he would say, "MaerMaer" and I said, "Mary?" and he would nod. He said something else which sounded like 'angel' and so I asked him if the story was about the angel who talked to Mary. He nodded. Sometimes I wonder what he understands and what he doesn't. At times like that he makes me think that he understands more than I give him credit for. Oh, for the day that words will flow out of his mouth...

No comments: