Thursday, January 1, 2009

MRI results and Scottish Rite Follow-up!

Yesterday was Grant's follow up appointment at Scottish Rite hospital. We found out the results of the MRI - everything looks as normal as it should! Yeah and Praise the Lord!

For some reason I thought it was going to be a short appointment but it was about 2 hours long and we saw 4 different people. Dr. Adams was the last person we saw and he didn't say too much except that he wants to do genetic testing to see what we find in that direction since we didn't find anything in the MRI. According to him the testing is less invasive than an MRI and only requires blood to be drawn. I did briefly tell him what happened the first time we went to get an MRI and he said that it shouldn't be anything like that. I am trusting he is right on this!

So...we should hear from the hospital in a couple weeks about the genetic testing and then go from there. At this point, we are just happy to have peace of mind that his brain is "normal" and that we don't have any worry or concern there. This is huge!

These pictures were taken the day of Grant's MRI. Joel and I had just switched cell phone providers and I was trying out the camera on my new phone while we were waiting and waiting and waiting....



We had been waiting over an hour and a half from the time they got him all ready to the time they took him back. He fell asleep for about 30 minutes towards the end in Joel's arms. He really is my sweet boy and I need to look at this picture more often to remind myself of that! 8-)

2 comments:

Melissa said...

Yay! I am so glad to hear this! I've been enjoying catching up on all of your pictures, too. I really liked the matching Christmas Eve jammies. Happy New Year!

steele family said...

That is so wonderful! I can't imagine what a relief that must be.