Wednesday, January 21, 2009

Super Easy & Super Yummy Pasta Bake!

Tonight we had a super yummy dinner and it was so easy that I have to share it with you! If you're like me, I'm always on the look out for recipes that are easy, yummy, little mess, little prep, you get the idea, and this one fits all of the above. I got it from my friend Tammy.

Pasta Bake

Throw some pasta in a 9x13 pan. (I used a large box of elbow macaroni.) Cover with a jar of spaghetti sauce. (I used some from the freezer which was about 3 cups worth.) Add some water. Cover and bake in preheated oven at 350. Top w/ 1 cup or so of mozzarella cheese and bake 10-15 minutes more uncovered. (I had to add more water after 30 minutes.)

OMG! So easy and fast and no mess and little clean-up, a definite winner in our house. Oh, and both kids gobbled it up. We had to tell Kate at some point "no more" because she had ate so much and I was seriously afraid she would get sick. She has done than before with pasta, tmi I know but it's true.

One more thing, I added some meatballs to it from the freezer and that added a little extra yumminess. You could do pepperoni, too. It made two meals worth so leftovers will be Sunday's lunch when we come home from church. Can't wait!

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Wow! that sounds great! I'm going to have to try that! maybe tonight... where did you find it? oh and how much water did you put in?