Tuesday, February 17, 2009

Conversations with Grant

Yesterday I had a sweet conversation with Grant when I went in his room after he woke up from his nap. I picked him up and gave him a big hug and said "Hi Grant!" He said "Hi" and then pointed to his dog, which I let him sleep with for his nap - a special treat, as the dog sleeps in the living room at night - and said "Dog!" He was still so excited that I let him sleep with his dog. So the rest of the conversation went like this:

Me: "Is your dog sleeping or awake?"
Grant, smiling: "Nigh-nigh" meaning he is still sleeping
Me: "He's sleeping?"
Grant, nods head
Me: "When is he going to wake up?"
Grant: "Mmm, mmm, umm, mia mi." meaning "in a few minutes"
Me: "In a few minutes?"
Grant, nods head
Me: "Oh, okay."
Grant, wants down and runs off to play.

This is a small glimpse at how most of our conversations go with Grant.

Lately Grant has been talking to us about "mia mi", minutes, like how many "mia mi" do I have to put my nose in the corner, or how many "mia mi" until snack time, or how many "mia mi" until Joel comes home. It's pretty cute for the most part except for every time when he askes as his nose is headed for the corner!

No comments: