Tuesday, February 10, 2009

"Haha, I'm so smart!"

Yesterday I walk into the kitchen and hear a CD playing in the under cabinet radio. I was a little surprised because this CD was in the car earlier, and it's one of Grant's favorites. It's from church and has two of his favorite songs on it: Every Move I Make and Open the Eyes of My Heart. So I looked at Joel and asked, "Did you put this in?" With a surprised look on his face he told me no. I didn't put it in either. So guess who?


Hmmm... It wasn't Joel, it wasn't me, and it certainly wasn't Kate, so it had to be Grant!


So...this is how it went in about 2 minutes, all while Joel and I were talking in our room (this was shortly after Joel got home from work and the kids were playing, or so we thought) Grant - on his own - got the CD from my car, brought it in the house, and put it in the CD player and turned it on. Now, the CD in the car was actually in the CD player so he new the right button to push to get it out. Once I figured out what was going on, I looked at Grant, who was smiling at me while clapping his hands to the music like "haha, I'm so smart, I got my own music". Joel and I just looked at each other and shook our heads.

So I'm not sure if this is a good thing or not. It's good that he knows what he is doing, I guess. But not so good that he is getting in my car and playing with CD's!

The story finishes this morning when right before we left for school, Grant and I are in the kitchen drinking water and getting vitamins when he pointed to the radio and asked, "Na Na?" (That's how he asks for Every Move I Make. It starts with 'Na na na na na na, Na na na na na na na.') I just looked at him and said, "Ok." And got the CD out and brought it back to the car. He remembered exactly where the CD was. Of course, he asked for it again as I'm buckling him into his carseat. He is a toot!

As I'm writing this, I'm remembering several times Grant has asked to listen to that CD when we are at home and I have told him no because it's in the car. We listen to it so much already that sometimes I get tired of it. I know, it's hard to imagine, right? ;-) I figure we can just broaden our horizons and listen to something different, right? So now I'm wondering if all along he was thinking to himself, "Well, I can just go get it from the car" and yesterday without even asking to listen to the CD (maybe because he knew I would say 'no') just helped himself.

The part about this story that gets me rolling my eyes and saying "Oh brother" is when I looked at him as happy as could be, clappin' his hands, and laughing with that "haha, I'm so smart and cool to get my own music" kind of laugh. What a stinker!

1 comment:

Melissa said...

That is hilarious! (safety issues aside, of course)