Monday, February 23, 2009

What I've been tasting lately:

Is my child saying "No" to almost everything. And let me just tell you that it tastes soooooo good! I'm eating it up. Yumm...

The past few weeks Grant is getting very good at saying the word 'no' and he is using it to exercise his free will whenever he chooses. I'm loving the fact that I am having the opportunity to guide his free will towards an obedient heart when he tells me "No-no" after telling him to do something. In our house, he can tell me no if it's for something that I'm happy with either choice. But if there is only one choice (ie, Grant, come to the table. It's time to eat.) and he tells me no then we proceed onto the obedient heart part.

I have to say, last Thursday evening before leaving for church he was telling me no to almost everything. And the thought came to my mind, "So this is what it is like to have a child say "no" to everything" and the second thought was, "Thank you, Lord."

It's the little things like this that really aren't so little. It's so great for Grant to tell me what he wants and that includes telling me what he doesn't want by saying 'no'.

Thank you, Lord, for my sweet boy Grant and for him being able to tell me "No." It really is a beautiful thing.

No comments: