Saturday, August 8, 2009

Prayers for Mary

This is one of Grant's teacher's aides, Ms. Mary. She has been one of Grant's teachers since he started preschool 2 1/2 years ago. We have grown close to Mary through our school relationship and she is a really sweet woman. She and Grant have a special relationship, and he just loves her so much.

Thursday afternoon Mary called me to tell me some news: She won't be returning to school this fall because she just found out she has Leukemia. She wanted to tell me before school started so we wouldn't find out during open house. We are so saddened to hear this and I am still in shock. Right now she is in the hospital getting chemo treatments, which have already started. She will be back and forth between home and the hospital over the next several months. Please pray with us for her! She is married and has a 14 year old daughter at home. Also, please pray that God will help me to reach out to her as I can. She is the first friend for me that has gotten cancer and I'm not really sure what to say, what to do. It's hard to relate to someone when you haven't walked down their path. I can only imagine what it is like for her and her family to go through this. Please also pray for Grant's teacher Patsy as she starts the school year without Mary. Patsy is Grant's special ed teacher and Mary and Paula have been a team with Patsy for 8 years. I know they are really close and it will be so hard not to have Mary their with them under the circumstances. School will not be the same without her, but I am trusting in the Lord that God has it under control in who he will use to replace her during this time!
Thanks for lifting her up with us!

No comments: