Friday, April 25, 2008

Bird's Nest Cookies

Thanks to Grant's speech therapist at school, Ms. Delia, for the recipe, we made these yummy Bird's Nest Cookies tonight after dinner. They are super easy and a language-rich activity! :-)

My helpers were very eager to help me in any and every way. ;-)


Kate wasn't too sure about the actual cookie part. I thought she would hesitate in eating the bird (a marsh mellow chick actually but tonight it was a bird) but she bit the head off and next thing I knew the whole thing was gone! She wanted more but I said, "No, only one bird tonight. Eat your cookie!" She was sad and clearly was not going to eat her cookie.

Grant ate all his cookie and then wanted more. I said, "No, only one cookie tonight. Eat your bird." He did. Sometimes these two surprise me! Usually, Kate is the one who eats everything and Grant is the picky one!

Grant's mouth is a little stuffed in the picture. He sure was enjoying his yummy treat!

This recipe calls for 1 cup of chocolate chips (I used butterscotch), 1 cup of chow mein noodles, a marsh mellow bird, and jelly beans if you want. Melt the chips in the microwave for a minute or until melted and then stir in the noodles. Set on wax paper to cool.

2 comments:

steele family said...

that sounds cute, what a fun treat!

Anonymous said...

oh my gosh those things are soooo good!! :D yummy