Friday, April 25, 2008

Bound & Determined

That would be Grant to get up on his top bunk to which he finally succeeded in doing so first thing Wednesday morning. Here he is all pleased with himself, as you can clearly tell by his ear-to-ear grin:

If you are wondering what the light colored wood is, that would be the solution that Joel came up with to keep Grant from climbing on the top bunk about 6 months ago. One year ago, Kate moved into her own room and at that time we went ahead and brought the bunk beds in from the garage. We decided he had been in his toddler bed long enough. Nana and Papa passed these down a few years ago when Uncle Daniel moved out of them. (They were first bought for Jennifer and me when my mom was pregnant with my brother David! Jen and I used them, then David and Jonathan, then Christina and Daniel for a little while, and then Daniel. So they have been used by all six of us Lauritsen kiddos and now by little Grant.)

It wasn't long after they were in his room that Grant started trying to climb on top. I was scared to death because of 3 things:

1. He has no fear
2. He falls easily
3. He is very accident prone

Instead of taking off the top bunk at the time, Joel came up with this pretty good idea of what you see as the light colored wood. I wanted to stain it to match but never got around to doing it.

On Monday and Tuesday I caught Grant trying to get up there using whatever he could for height. Tuesday night I told Joel that we're going to have to take the top bunk off because it won't be long until he is up there. Well, I didn't quite expect it to be the very next morning!!! Joel and I were thinking we could wait until the weekend. :-)

This is Grant's "boost" that he used to climb up and over onto the top bunk:

His fire truck turned upside down with a thick book on top! What a stinker! And now here is his new room:

I had a hard time trying to figure out the best place for his best but it ended up staying in the same place it was to begin with after moving it about 6 different times! I totally love how his room is more open, and there is also more floor space to play. That's always a good thing!

Goodnight, Grant!

2 comments:

steele family said...

smarty pants! the room looks adorable.

Anonymous said...

Wow..... he is one determined little guy! And smart!! did I say smart.... very clever indeed!
What a toot!!