Sunday, April 27, 2008

We got a dog

Thank goodness it's not a real one or I'd be in big trouble! Two kids in diapers and a small yard...nope, this dog will have to do for now.


This was another one of our finds Saturday morning. I picked it up for a dollar and had no idea that Grant would take such a liking to it. It's great speech-wise and isn't too obnoxious. ;-)

You can push different parts of the dogs body and it will label it, sing songs, and even say in a cute voice, "I love you" and "Hug Me".

When I was taking pictures of Kate he kept coming up to me saying, "Ckheeze" for "cheese!" meaning he wanted me to take his picture. He doesn't really get it to stay still for the camera so I said, "Hey, go get your dog and I'll take a picture of you and your dog." He thought that was a fun idea and so he went to go get it. He loves his new dog and has been keeping it close by his side.

I know this might sound dumb but any toy that Grant loves is just fantastic. Usually, he is more obsessed with pushing buttons, climbing on things he shouldn't, or just getting into trouble. Sometimes I get frustrated with him and want to scream, "Why can't you just play with your toys???" We work hard with him at playing appropriately with toys and when we find something he loves, I get very excited. This was one of the best $1's I've spent in a long time! :-)

1 comment:

steele family said...

that is so awesome and what a cute picture of Grant :)