Monday, April 7, 2008

"I Wuuu You"

In our house this phrase is "I Love You" and both Grant and Kate can say it. They always get so smiley when they say it. It's pretty cute.

One day last week I was having a particularly hard day with Grant. Mostly, he kept pestering Kate, taking toys from her and just messing with her. After one of those moments of disciplining Grant, I told him to be sweet to Kate, to tell her he is sorry, and to tell her that he loves her. Little Kate, who has quickly picked up on saying "sorry" was listening quite attentively.

Me: "Grant, I want you to tell Kate that you are sorry."

Grant, walking over to Kate: "Saw Sor" (sorry)

Kate chiming in, in her most serious voice: "Tarr" (sorry)

Me: "Grant, tell Kate 'I love you'.

Grant and Kate, both in unison: "I Wuuu You"

They said it to each other and hugged. It was such a sweet moment! Thank you, Lord!

They said it in perfect unison and in the exact same way - in one breath, one word: iwuuuU. I was watching two little people speaking the same language. For some reason it was just so funny to me and I burst into laugher. It still makes me laugh every time I think of that moment. I had myself a much needed chuckle that day. :-)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Yeah Melody,
I've been looking for a new post. That is real sweet. It is so sweet to see brothers and sisters loving on each other. You are a good mamma and the time you spend with them will make all the difference in the world.

love,
ann

steele family said...

that is so sweet! it is moments like that that make you forget the fighting earlier in the day, lol!