Wednesday, August 13, 2008

We're jumping!!!

Two weeks ago Grant had a break through moment during PT. Halfway through his session, Tina called me down to peek in through the window. My jaw kept dropping as I watched Grant like a little frog jump from one pad to the next. He was jumping with both feet together about 6-12 inch distances!

For several months he has been jumping off of a surface onto the floor (ie from the bed onto the floor or from the edge of the pool into the water) but we have been working so hard in jumping up from a standing position, like a hop. I couldn't believe it! I told Tina, his physical therapist, that if I hadn't seen him with my own two eyes I would not have believed it.

Since then he has been jumping like crazy. We'll be playing in his room and all of sudden he will just start jumping up. In the kitchen when he is waiting for a drink or snack he will jump. It's so cute and wonderful to see him jumping. He has been wanting to jump for soooo long and now he is totally having fun in jumping. He's so proud, I know.

Monday of this week he was jumping 16 inch distances and starting to work on hoping on one foot! Tina is not wasting any time in moving right along with him!

Praise the Lord!!!

3 comments:

steele family said...

Great job, Grant!

Melissa said...

Wow! He is doing so many new things! Awesome!

mrs. rains & family said...

Yay, Grant! That's such an exciting blessing, Melody. I'm sure, then, that he'll have SO much fun at Emma's "jumping" party! :-)