Tuesday, December 30, 2008

I love my crockpot(s)!

Okay, this is what happens when you don't blog until 5 weeks after the fact: you forget stuff! Or I'm just really tired. :-)

Thanks to my friend, Stephanie, we had a crockpot Thanksgiving when my family had dinner with us. We did one turkey in the oven and one on the grill that Joel did. His turned out way better than mine, although mine tasted pretty good. We're definitely going to do two again next time, one on the grill and one in the oven.

Unfortunately, I didn't think to take a picture of everything until we started to clean up but this picture turned out fine enough:

left to right: stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes, and in the back pumpkin spiced lattes. Not pictured: cranberry sauce and pumpkin spice dip.

Everything turned out great! The awesomeness of it all is when my family came over we didn't have to be in the kitchen for 2-3 hours before eating because it was already cooking in the crocks. And clean-up was a breeze since I used crockpot liners so all the mess went in the trash. Everyone was impressed, to say the least, and I have a feeling that this won't be the only crockpot Thanksgiving! :-)

No comments: